Saturday 4 December 2021

frosty trees


 This stamp set from Chocolate Baroque is definitely appropriate at the moment, my part of the country has got away lightly so far with the weather, but it is still very cold. Hopefully those who lost their electricity during the recent storm will all be re-connected by now and gradually thawing out.

My first sample uses one of the snowy stamps to create a sheet of gift wrap. This was just a sheet of copy paper with the stamp repeat stamped using a multicolour ink pad. It is a solid stamp, and quite easy to line up the images - any squiffy ones probably won't be noticeable once you have wrapped something up, especially with any ribbon decoration -I didn't have any ribbon, so used some silver cord.  I also made a matching gift tag, using the sentiment from the same set.

The next samples are very similiar, using the triangular tree and a stamping platform to create a star. The first one I used the same blue inkpad as before, keeping the lighter ink to the top of the tree . The sentiment in the centre was stamped in versamark and gold embossed, The mat is actually silver mirri card
For this version I used a grey ink pad - I didn't have a silver one - and the sentiment was inked with the blue inkpad. The mat was white card sponged in blue using the darker part of the inkpad.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments