Saturday 1 December 2018

brusho grunge

 Good morning everyone, if you have seen Nikki's guest designer posts on the Chocolate Baroque blog, or saw the show on Hochanda last month, then you will have had your appetite whetted for this month's DT offerings!
So as not to disappoint anyone here are my brusho offerings - and yes, I can do a card without brusho......I just love the random effects of the stuff!
I used the lovely floral grunge stamp, perfect for brushos, though I am sure Sue didn't  design it deliberately.....
The first one was stamped with versamark and white embossed before sprinkling black brusho all over and spritzing with water. Once dry, torn edges, mat onto black card, then onto a white sqaure blank card - done. A very quick card, takes longer for the brusho to dry than for anything else!
 My second version took a bit longer, started out the same with white embossed image. Then I carefully sprinkled grey brusho round the image, and activated it using a wet paintbrush - you still get the random colour effect, but only where you want it. Once dry,I tapped off any excess grey powder before sprinkling the flower with orange brusho and activating it the same way.
Torn round the edges again, double mats of black and orange and mounted onto a white square card blank.
I almost always do my cards without any sentiments, then they can be used for almost any occasion, that and brusho are my main crafting perversions!
There were some fantastic samples on the TV show, so keep a lookout on the Chocolate Baroque design team blog, lots of inspiration coming up this month!






1 comment:

  1. Love these Veronica especially the first one.
    Love my Brushos when I can get time to get in craft room. Having withdrawals at the moment. . Xxx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments