Thursday 15 November 2018

batch makes

having rediscovered my mini gelli plates for making backgrounds, I felt that I ought to use them before they vanished again, and the oval one was ideal for these quick cards.
Variations in different colours and stamps, but basically the same.
I used a stamping platform, but it is easy to use the gelli plate
just by pressing the card down onto it. I inked it up with distress oxide inks and spritzed with water then stamped onto white card.
Once the ink had dried thoroughly I over stamped with black versafine, using one of the smaller  flower images from honeysuckle butterfly and briar rose butterfly stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque.
I used watercolour paints to colour the images, but any medium will work well.
They only need a mat in a toning colour and mounting onto a 5x7 card blank to finish them off, although i did go mad and add a sentiment on to the last one as well as sponging the gray round the edges.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments