Monday 26 February 2018

mosaic flower

I loved the mosaic flower stamp from the recent tv show by Chocolate Baroque - it reminds me of the dried honesty flowers that I often used to see many years ago.
I think if it was stamped in brown onto parchment or vellum and embossed it would look very similar to the real thing...... as I couldn't find any parchment, I stamped it with versamark onto kraft card and embossed with white.
The leaves were painted with pearlescent paints before tearing round the image, inking the edges with versamark and the dipping them into gold embossing powder. I managed to get a tidier effect on the background mat of dark brown card.
The white base card was randomly stamped with the same stamp, using vintage photo distress ink and holding the stamp in my hand rather than on a block so that only parts of the image stamped, then sponging more ink round the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments