Monday 8 May 2017

dreaming skies

 If you saw Lesley and Chocolate Baroque on Hochanda last month, you would have seen these cards. I owe my friend Janet for the inspiration, she let me play with her new distress oxide ink pads - and did make sure she got them all back too! I loved the effect on black card, though it did seem to fade with time, so tried to get the same effect with what I had.
I used the silhouette palace 1 mask on black card, and sponged white pigment ink across the card to be the base of the sky, not worrying about any streaks.Once it was dry, I sponged ordinary distress inks over the top, to try to give a northern lights effect, using purples and greens - not quite right, but near enough for me!
The winged horse and the fairy were stamped using versamark and a glittery black embossing powder. Fairies are not really my scene, but I did like this one - so tried  a different version.
I used far more of the white pigment ink this time, and positioned the mask towards the bottom of the card - the sky looked better this time to me, the colour showed up more. The faory and the horse were embossed again with the same glittery powder, I added white to one side of the masked image, and the sentiment from the see beauty clear set with white embossing powder at the bottom.

1 comment:

  1. The background effect looks good, and works well with the fairies x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments