Thursday, 20 October 2016
Having found a set of Halloween stamps - needless to say not the one I was looking for! - I decided that it would be ideal to try on the skies.
Tags were a nice size, not so much space in which to go wrong but still big enough. The base tag was cut from white card, and the top from a pale kraft card.
I stamped the images from the nevermore set in black versafine, then added a moon mask. Black brusho powder was sprinkled sparingly over the images. The brusho powder is then activated using a brush and water, sort of splodging a little water on one small area at a time, keep wiping the brush clean as you go before moving to the next bit. You can see where i didn't quite get a smooth transition of colour, but it looked like clouds anyway.
Once dry, I removed the moon mask and coloured the tree, tombstones, fence and grass with marker pens. I stamped the window from gothic fragments at the top of the second tag and cut out the window shape. More black powder on this piece, more heavily this time, and the same water and brush technique. Once dry, this second part tag was glued over the first one.
Images this time were stamped with versamark and embossed with lava black EP before adding the moon mask and the black brusho. The top tag was stamped with the same window stamp, but this time at the bottom of the tag using brown ink, and only the actual window cut out. I added some more stones using a marker pen, then used yellow ochre brusho powder to add colour to the stonework.