Wednesday 21 September 2016

tangled birch

 The colour challenge for Chocolate Baroque this month features blues, which fitted in nicely with my current fix on night scenes!
Both versions use the tangled birch  stamp, stamped in black versafine ink.
First one was stamped onto a piece of previously done card coloured with brusho powders that ended up in pale blue with pinky tones. I masked the moon before sponging blue and purple distress inks across the image to create a cloudy sky. The trees and foregorund wee coloured with a dark blue promarker, then clear glitter added to the moon and edges of branches.
Matts are dull silver and dark blue card, base card is a 5"x7" white.
For the second card I used a smooth watercolour card, sponging distress inks across the image to create a more stormy sky. I used clear water and klitchen roll to lighten the moon. I used the brusho liquid wax to edge the branches and the hill behind the trees before colouring them using distress inkMatt is a dull silver, and the base card is 15x15cm dark blue. and a waterbrush. I think I wasn't using enough wax most of the time, but I did still get some of the moonlit effect i was trying for!

1 comment:

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments