I had a spare image of the steampunk rose that had been stamped into paper clay from when I was working on a sample for the recent TV show on the Craft Channel, and found that it just fit onto this small square box lid. Red, black and white just seemed to fit it, so I got out the paints.
The original box was kraft coloured, so a couple of thin layers of black acylic paint on the lid, and red on the base to start with.
The lid then had a coat of crackle medium,, then a thin coat of white acrylic once that was dry. I was hoping for small crackles, and was lucky this time. I coloured the rose with alcohol markers, then cut them out and glued them onto the lid.
I stamped the cog stamp onto the sides of the lid using versamark and a red EP - I inked the stamp up, put it face up on the desk and then pressed the lid onto the stamp.
The base looked a bit plain, so I added the same stamp to the sides of the base, this time using black versafine and clear embossing.