Saturday, 27 June 2015
Hobby Art with Moira
The first one took a fair time to do, despite Moira having diecut the Crealies patchwork pieces in advance.
Being awkward, I used the fishing set - a few other awkward ones used the lavender or birds sets, though some did do as told and used the seaside stamps!
I edged all the pieces with bundles sage distress ink, and stamped the netting in sage to make the backgrounds.tree and rush stamps behind the fisherman were also stamped in sage, everything else was in black versafine ink.
My fisherman was coloured with marker pens, then fussy cut out - at this point I did regret using this set!- and stuck on using small foam pads.
Our second card was an easel card, with the wall and beach huts forming the stop. I cheated and used brushes and sponges with distress inks to make my basic backgrounds, with the addition of some sand brusho powder on top of the distress ink for the sand. Moira's version used distress inks and a lot of spritzing with water and mopping up ink for her backgrounds, which took a fair time to dry.
The wall and the seagull was cut out and glued onto a folded strip of card to form the stop, then the beach huts were glued on behind the wall.
One starfish was glued straight onto the card overlapping the aperture, the second and the seahorse were added with foam pads.