Friday 29 June 2012

getting harder every month....

 The Chocolate Baroque alphatag swap is getting more difficult each month now - the problem is finding the stamps to match the ideas!
The L for lighthouse tag was very much an after thought - I spent ages trying to make my idea for Lace work, using the lovely new lace flower stamp, then gave up as time began to run out, and instead borrowed the lighthouse stamp from Moira (we had been using 2 other stamps from this set at craft club). Image stamped in versafine smoky grey ink, coloured with pencils and distress inks. The light effect was copied from Moira - use a brush to paint where where you want the light, then brush mica powder over it - it clings to the water and sparkles nicely!
The M for music was the easiest of the three, the music background was stamped in DI -old paper?- then more of the same colour sponged all over the tag, with a darker brown round the edges. the image was stamped once onto the tag and again onto white card, and both were coloured with pencils. The violin and some of the flowers were cut out and decoupaged over the original image, then the violin was given a coat of glossy accents. The small violin charm was  one in  a pack found when a heap of stuff collapsed and had to be tidied up.
 The N for night was also awkward - 1 spent ages fiddling around with numbers in one form or another and only succeeded in filling the bin up. in desperation I went for real simple - stamping the tree in black ink and clear embossing it before sponging various blue inks over the tag after adding a moon mask behind the tree. I also sponged the ground under the tree with black ink - the mask wasn't lined up very well, and left a little pale line, which fortunately resembled a moonshine effect - you have to be lucky some time!
 The last photo is of the lovely tags I received back last month - J for jewelled jars from Kathryn and K for Klimpt from Pat, both very glittery and opulent looking tags.
Am now waiting to see what delights turn up in the post next week!
Apologies for lack of posts recently, but OH has been in hospital, and posts - and crafting - are rather on hold until he is better.

7 comments:

  1. Your tags are lovely vronnie
    I hope hubby is doing a bit better just now

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tags Vronnie, I like the night one, it's a lovely tree. I did night too but wasn't 100% happy with it. I hope your husband is feeling better. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The light shining from the lighthouse is brilliantly effective & I like your soft colouring of all the scenery. I can see the dimension on that little violin & the charm is a delightful addition. The final Night scene is definitely my favourite & your moonlit shadow was definitely supposed to happen as it gives a superbly authentic effect (bin filling is definitely something I know about & your scenario of creating sounds very very familiar).
    Thinking of you
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all really nice tags and you've come up with good choices for the letters - great minds think alike for the music one (almost identical to mine). Some months seem to be easier than others when it comes to matching stamps to the letters I find. All the best to you and your husband - take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tags are great Veronica and especially as your Hubby has been so poorly (big hugs there). I'm curious to see how many of us have used that set of stamps for the M tag ......... I did ..... and coloured with pencils and decoupaged, lol! It still looks different from yours though :D. I also used the theme 'night' but not the same stamp. That tree looks great with the moonlight shining through. I didn't have the lace stamps when I did my L tag (do now though) and was really struggling to find an appropriate one. I thought I was going to end up just going with a colour. Your lighthouse one is gorgeous and thanks for the tip on the light effect.

    Hope your Hubby is doing ok and look after yourself too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tags, I like them all but the music one is my favourite. Hope hubby makes a quick recovery and take care of yourself. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Vronnie hope your okay xxx I agree I'm running out of ideas ha ha x great makes glad you like my jewelled jars :) xx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments