Friday, 29 June 2012
getting harder every month....
The L for lighthouse tag was very much an after thought - I spent ages trying to make my idea for Lace work, using the lovely new lace flower stamp, then gave up as time began to run out, and instead borrowed the lighthouse stamp from Moira (we had been using 2 other stamps from this set at craft club). Image stamped in versafine smoky grey ink, coloured with pencils and distress inks. The light effect was copied from Moira - use a brush to paint where where you want the light, then brush mica powder over it - it clings to the water and sparkles nicely!
The M for music was the easiest of the three, the music background was stamped in DI -old paper?- then more of the same colour sponged all over the tag, with a darker brown round the edges. the image was stamped once onto the tag and again onto white card, and both were coloured with pencils. The violin and some of the flowers were cut out and decoupaged over the original image, then the violin was given a coat of glossy accents. The small violin charm was one in a pack found when a heap of stuff collapsed and had to be tidied up.
The N for night was also awkward - 1 spent ages fiddling around with numbers in one form or another and only succeeded in filling the bin up. in desperation I went for real simple - stamping the tree in black ink and clear embossing it before sponging various blue inks over the tag after adding a moon mask behind the tree. I also sponged the ground under the tree with black ink - the mask wasn't lined up very well, and left a little pale line, which fortunately resembled a moonshine effect - you have to be lucky some time!
The last photo is of the lovely tags I received back last month - J for jewelled jars from Kathryn and K for Klimpt from Pat, both very glittery and opulent looking tags.
Am now waiting to see what delights turn up in the post next week!
Apologies for lack of posts recently, but OH has been in hospital, and posts - and crafting - are rather on hold until he is better.