Thursday 9 June 2011

bah humbug22

this challenge theme was 'surprise' - and I have to admit that I surprised myself by actually doing it! My mojo had totally gone, and my first thought of a shaker card was that it was hardly a surprise, and the next ideas were dismissed as too complicated for the time available. My clearout produced remnants of an ancient Christmas-themed goody bag - complete with unused paper and reindeer stamp - and with time running out I decided to go dead simple and wrap a chocolate bar. Having forgotten then to buy a decent choc bar to wrap, I had to use a cheapo supermarket bar from the baking stock, so hope it fits a better bar later on. Just a  piece of paper wrapped round the bar, with the reindeer stamped onto a nestie shape and coloured with promarkers and stuck on top - sorry the scan is a bit squiffy, and cropped a bit tight as well.............. must do better next time!

8 comments:

  1. Well done for sticking with it Veronica and what a great idea.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop putting yourself down Vronnie. It's fine. He's a lovely happy looking reindeer, and I'm sure someone will enjoy getting it, and the chocolate. Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrapping a chocolate bar is a great idea - who doesn't like chocolate!? And, the stamped image is so cute.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you actually making something! Your mojo will return now you have created this lovely wrapper. Onward and upward!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really cute reindeer and I'll bet your cheapo chocolate bar lasts longer than mine which was originally in a purple wrapper (not advertising or anything!!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no bad chocolate only some that is better than others. LOL
    I love this - can't think of a nicer surprise than a decorated bar of choccie.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Veronica ... forgive my late comment but it's been a busy coupla' weeks and when I've had time to go online, Mr. Blogger's been naughty and not let me post.
    This is a super idea and would be a lovely surprise for any chocolate lover. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhooi,,
    Waw,, It works very nice, cute and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments