Thursday 24 February 2011

use a cd

This challenge from Bah Humbug took me back years - I was the sad person who always accepted free cds from internet access reps, so that I could use them on cards ; now they come free with everything and get thrown out, and I had to dig one out of the bin! In those days, I embossed them and then stamped into the hot ep - I still have some of the many colours of ep I used in the drawer.
This cd got coloured with alcohol inks, also dug out of a drawer. the medallion poinsettia stamp also came to light in the search for the inks, so I stamped it several times on green and red card and decoupaged it. The red was coated with a gloss finish after painting some gold in the centre, then stuck on the cd. Corner stamp was by Elusive Images.
The most trouble I had with this was taking the photo - it wouldn't scan well, and the weather has been so dull and grey that it wasn't bright enough to get a decent photo until this morning.

4 comments:

  1. I do like how the alcohol inks work on the CD and the poinsettia is the perfect centrepiece. I have that stamp set but haven't used the corner stamp yet - it looks great.
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks super. Alcohol inks go so well - must have a go! See what you have started!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been amazed at the beautiful effects people have created usng alcohol inks on CDs - the colours you have chosen are absolutely stunning and a perfect backdrop for the pretty poinsettia. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have been stunned by alchohol inks used on Cds - wow so stunning. Love the corner stamp you have used - it works well in co-ordinating the whole card.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments