Sunday 31 January 2010

playdate 14






The Playdate Cafe challenge 14 has a colour scheme of lilac, dusky pink, orange, dark green and white this week - not one I would have chosen! However, I suddenly realised that these were ideal for the Elusive Images peacock stamps when looking for a bp for something else on the Artylicious Peacock Summer Party cd...........I found this orange/pink/lilac paper, so dug out my stamps.

The peacock was stamped onto dark green card, embossed with Ranger seafoamwhite ep, then coloured with orange mica powders and a sakura pen also orange. Matted onto white card, then onto lilac card folded to make an easel fold - the narrow 'ribbon' is leftover from another sheet
printed from the same cd, also matted onto white. The 'stops' for the easel bit are acrylic flower stickers I found when making a start on tidying up...................

This card also fits for the fancy folds challenge 48 on Corrosive Challenges





7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous - Love the combination of the Peacock with the challenge colours!
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, they weren't colours I'd have chosen either! But you're so right, they work brilliantly with the EI peacock. That's one of my favourite stamp sets. Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have been well and truly stuck with this colour scheme Veronica. Well done for making the connection to the peacocks!

    I love the colouring of the peacock itself. I had a look in closeup and it's gorgeous.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad that this tough color combination worked with the image you used....really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice. Nice also to see an easel card done in this format so it could fit a normal size envelope

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that pop-up peacock! Great colors beautiful work! So glad you could play along with us at The Cafe'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours look great! love your beautiful peacock card!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments