Monday 4 July 2022

peacock feathers

 June was quite a sad month, several of my favourite stamps from Choolate Baroque were in the retired list, but digging them out made me realise just how old some of them were! On the plus side, retiring a whole load of older stamps means there will be room for new designs to tempt us, though I'm quite sure the bank manager would not agree!


My first samples for the recent shows on Create & Craft used stamps from the Peacock Fan and Peacock Glory sets.

I used the large feather stamp to create  fan cards. The first one has a brusho background, and I stamped the feather once on the right, then masked it with tissue paper and stamped again five times to create the fan shape. Some parts of the images were coloured with marker pens, then a mount of black card before adding to a white card blank.


The second version again had a brusho backgroumnd, and the feather was stamped five times and fussy cut out. The eyes were coloured with marker pens Then the fan was assembled onto black card.
My final card was a trifold on black card -after folding the card, I cut diagonally from the top of the lefthand panel to partway down the right hand panel, giving the shape on the right. The peacocks were stmaped using versamark and gold embossed, then painted with shimmer paints

The other scans show the inner and back of the flat card before folding 


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments