Monday 7 October 2019

ragged dragon butterfly

 I'd had this stamp from Artisan Design for a while before I got a chance to play with it.  Whilst my favourite brusho was drying, I thought why not try it on a candle ....as i was just back from a WI craft day where I was demonstrating how to decorate candles,  while all the gear was out I would see if it would work .... as luck would have it, I had a candle just the right size!
Stamped onto white tissue with black versafine ink, and coloured with promarkers on the reverse. A bit fiddly tearing it out, but it did work!
When the brusho was dry, I decided I didn't like the version in red - looked too muddy on the butterfly - and the blue butterfly  didn't stand out enough from the background. Fussy cut the blue butterfly out, decided I quite liked it on the red background, so added the sentiment and edged it with black  marker pen, mounted onto a 6" square white card.

I am adding this to the following challenges
addicted to stamps -for a lady/girl
corrosive challenges - anything goes
we love 2 create - anything goes mixed media
colour crazy challenge - anything goes

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Both projects are gorgeous. I'd never light that candle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love that stamp and your background!
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments