Monday 11 March 2019

bleeding art.....

 No actual blood was involved - results of a day playing with bleeding art tissue with Janet Pring!
Different backgrounds created in the morning, stmaped in the afternoon.
The first two used strips of tissue laid onto damp card and then brushed with water - the rainbow sample looked good, but I stayed with blues and greens and got landscapey results.
Stamped with spring images from Chocolate Baroque - the smaller card had to be cut down as I moved the card when stamping some trees, but will still make a nice Easter card with a sentiment added!

 Next we used diecut shapes to create the backgrounds, laying themn down and brushing carefully to keep the shapes.
  I liked the first one with Lavinia stamps, where I deliberately brushed water over the edges to blur the flower shapes.

 I wasn't so keen on the butterfly one that followed, having edged the butterflies with pen  I decided it didn't quite work -  the large sentiment from Indigo Blue hides the bit that I smudged!



I had some bits of tissue left over, so I stamped the bird image from Chocolate Baroque first using versafine black, then added scraps of tissue one at a time to create the sky behind the bird.

It was a fun day, and I still ended up with messy hands despite using tweezers...... think I need to get some tissue myself now!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it Veronica, fabulous cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like fun, must try this one. Love the blurred flowers, goes well with Lavinia.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments