Wednesday 4 August 2021

majestic crane


 For my first post this month I am sharing two samples using the gorgeous big crane stamp from last month's Chocolate Baroque tv show on the Craft Channel.

The first is a card, rather darker in the scan than it really was. It was a bit of an experiment, 

I stamped the image in versamark ink onto black card and clear embossed it, then coloured it with pencils. In hindsight it would have been better on grey card........

The base card was 8" square, and the rushes were second generation stamped in grey across base, and the sentiment added. 

I found a  6" square box frame on a charity stall last month, and it was just the right size for the crane. I used the bridge image from kingfisher song stamped onto white card  and coloured with watercolour pencils for the background. The crane was stamped onto spare card, coloured with pencils and fussycut out.  The frame was quite deep, and the one image wasn't standing out enough - so another four stamped  cranes. I only cut out the actual body of the bird from these  and added behind the main image with foam pads. I left the rushes loose when adding the bird to the background in the hope it would add a it of movement to the scene - and also I didn't want to fussycut them out another four times!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments