Thursday 9 April 2020

summer poppies

Poppies always remind me of summer and sunshine,  and I think we all need a reminder of better times now .
I have  two versions of a card using the lovely poppy stamp from last month's Chocolate Baroque Hochanda shows to show you today. I adore poppies, so I really loved this one, and kept things fairly simple.
For this first one I used a sheet of card that had been coloured with a very dilute walnut stain spray and stamped the image using black versafine ink and clear embossing powder.
The poppies were coloured with alcohol markers to make sure they stood out from the background.
The base card was randomly stamped with just the poppy part of the stamp using distress ink and holding the stamp in my hand. The mat is a dark brown card



For the second card I wanted the poppies to really stand out, so stamped in black onto white card, and then just part of the poppies in black onto a Tando  circle . I coloured just the poppies with alcohol markers then lined the circle up with the base image before adding a black mat layer.
Base card was sponged with hickory smoke distress oxide round the edges and parts of the ledger stamp stamped randomly to create the background.


1 comment:

  1. Veronica, I just love your bright poppies. I haven't visited for a very long time, but these poppies jumped out at me from my reading list. I more or less stopped using Chocolate Baroque stamps because they are usually too big for the sort of cards I make-international postage is very high from Spain so I make smaller cards. But I am very tempted by this one. You have coloured it beautifully. I do like alcohol markers for this type of image. Beautiful. You have started my day off with a smile. Kate x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments