Monday 5 November 2018

honeysuckle butterfly

I loved playing with the floral stmaps for last month's Chocolate Barqoue tv shows, and it was hard to choose which to show, but I  finally went for two versions of the honeysuckle butterfly. For a change, no brusho involved! Instead I used a small circular gelli plate to create the background.
I did several backgrounds and then chose the ones I used, and to be honest I am not sure now which colours of distress ink I used - I think the first one used oxides.
I inked the plate up roughly with the yellow direct from the pad, spritzed with water and pressed onto the card. Spritzed again and pressed onto a different part of the card. Repeated using two different green inks, then stamped the honeysuckle butterfly using black versafine ink and clear embossing powder. Coloured using the Koh-i-noor watercolour paints, added turquoise and black mats and mounted onto a white card blank



For the second card I just used one colour of ink and added it to the gelli plate using a brayer, so a much more even coverage. Stamped four times to get the background.
Image stamped using grey versafine and coloured with watercolour pencils. The butterflies were stamped onto spare card in black versafine and coloured with watercolour paints, then cut out and stuck over the original images to give a feeling of distance.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards both Veronica! I do love the background on the first one in particular. The images are beautifully coloured. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Vronnie.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments