Sunday 12 February 2012

alphatags 2

 This month at the Chocolate Baroque Guild tag swap, we have to do C and D. C was easy, I have the very little-used chess set of stamps, but I had quite a list for D, and in the end went with dragon, simply because I had the stamps out for something else (yea, I know, lazy, that's me).
C tag
I stamped the main image onto a white tag using versafine smokey grey ink, which was also sponged round the edges of the tag, with a little blue creeping in in places to brighten it up a bit. The letter is a Tim Holtz mask again. The king and queen pieces were stamped in black versafine onto white card, cut out and covered with glossy accents - I didn't get a very even coating, but decided I quite liked the bubble effect anyway compared to the crackle finish I tried as well. this time I added white and grey ribbons to the tag.
D tag
I stamped the dragon  in black versafine onto another white tag, then onto post-its and cut out a mask for him. The letter d was from the Tim Holtz set of masks again. Once the maks were in place, I  used adirondack paint dabber in snow cap randomly across the tag, then sponged over the whole tag with distress inks - mainly tumbled glass and victorian velvet I think. Once everything was dry, I took the masks off and painted the dragon with H2O paints, the wispy ribbons were from a mystery stash box 

My two swap tags were these two, A from Paula and B from Kirsten- thanks ladies!
Now I have to decide what to do with my tags , in the meantime they are safely held by a book ring.

5 comments:

  1. These tags for C and D are great - I nearly bought the chess stamps solely for the tag swap but decided that was a bit silly and anyway there were more pressing items on my wishlist!! I really like the effect achieved with the chess pieces and background and who doesn't appreciate a dragon?? Looking forward to the swaps arriving in due course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tags Vronnie, my favourite one is the dragon. He looks fairly friendly! Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice, love the dragon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great subjects for the letters Veronica. I have both those sets of stamps and never even thought of either set for my tags, which, btw I haven't even started yet, eeeek!

    It's definitely going to be a last minute thing for me this month but you've done a great job with these. I love the colouring on the dragon.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your dragon colours & recognize the masks - terrific purchase those were. The background for him really looks like a swirly sea too. Your chess backround is super with the blue mixed & I love the muted effect of the king & queen & the way you have offset them. Thrilled you liked the A.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments