Saturday, 27 June 2015
The first one took a fair time to do, despite Moira having diecut the Crealies patchwork pieces in advance.
Being awkward, I used the fishing set - a few other awkward ones used the lavender or birds sets, though some did do as told and used the seaside stamps!
I edged all the pieces with bundles sage distress ink, and stamped the netting in sage to make the backgrounds.tree and rush stamps behind the fisherman were also stamped in sage, everything else was in black versafine ink.
My fisherman was coloured with marker pens, then fussy cut out - at this point I did regret using this set!- and stuck on using small foam pads.
Our second card was an easel card, with the wall and beach huts forming the stop. I cheated and used brushes and sponges with distress inks to make my basic backgrounds, with the addition of some sand brusho powder on top of the distress ink for the sand. Moira's version used distress inks and a lot of spritzing with water and mopping up ink for her backgrounds, which took a fair time to dry.
The wall and the seagull was cut out and glued onto a folded strip of card to form the stop, then the beach huts were glued on behind the wall.
One starfish was glued straight onto the card overlapping the aperture, the second and the seahorse were added with foam pads.
Thursday, 18 June 2015
For both cards I stamped the images first in black memento on white card for the square and multimedia paper for the oblong. Both pieces were sprinkled with the same brusho colours - brilliant red, leaf green and yellow - and heavily spritzed with water. I spread some of the red out with a paint brush where it didn't spread by itself to cover the poppy heads.
The effect on the multimedia card is far smoother and more diffuse, and the card itself didn't curl up, so I think I will be using it more often now .
The same poppy stamp was inked with marker pens and spritzed with water before stamping to form the background on the 6x6 square card, and the main image was matted onto black.
Anyhow, i used the harbour stamp, in black versafine onto multimedia card and clear embossed. A circle mask for the moon, then brushed chipped sapphire and black soot distress inks across the sky, and the main part of the image.
I darkened parts of the scene with karisma pencils in indigo and black, using a promarker blender pen to spread the colours round a bit and smooth them out. White pencil to highlight the houses, then matted onto black, silver and blue card.
Sunday, 14 June 2015
Friday, 12 June 2015
Both also have brusho backgrounds.
The large rose was stamped and embossed first, then the the brusho powders in yellow, green, grey and turquoise sprinkled in roughly appropriate places and spritzed with water - I was holding my breath while I did it, and would have had fingers crossed too if I hadn't needed to hold the spray!
It did work ok though, much to my relief.