Sunday, 22 March 2015

March daffodils

 The themes for the March postcard swap at Chocolate Baroque were daffodils or aqua - and for once I had daffodil stamps, and could even find them! I have been very tempted by the new spring stamps, but not given in yet, so these used an old Easter set of stamps, Easter traditions., which are still available.
After creating a pale sky, I stamped the trees from teeny weeny meadow using an old olive ink pad from SU, then sponged more colour downwards, trying to leave space for the daffodils - not always very successfully. The daffodils were stamped along the front of the card and coloured with promarkers . The daffodil head was stamped several times on to spare card, also coloured with promarkers, then cut out and glued in front of the the standing daffodils.
For the second postcard I decided to use one of the ornate crosses in the set, and stamped it in black onto dull gold card, then added colour with blue and red promarkers, and a coat of clear wink of stella pen, which hasn't shown up on the scan. I wanted to reverse the
daffodil stamp, and after trying with a brayer and an acrylic block I ended up stamping onto acetate with archival ink and then colouring on the reverse with promarkers, cutting out and turning one image over before glueing onto the card. The cross was also cut out and glued over the daffodils.
Not quite the effect I was thinking of, but I was pleased with the heart shape the daffodil stems made

Sunday, 8 March 2015

sundae club cards

Results of a peaceful afternoon at Gissing with Moira Walters and Janet Pring.
The first card was my favourite, using new spring stamps from Hobby Art. I went a bit mad with the masking, trying to create a field of daffodils in a valley in front of the church- as I eventually cut off most of the stems, could have saved myself a lot of fiddly cutting of masks if the idea of fussy cutting the border had occurred to me earlier!
Everything coloured with Derwent watercolour pencils.

Janet's card used chicks from Claritystamp- coloured using a mix of pencils and marker pens.
There isn't a mark on the card above the chick on the left, honest - obviously need to try to clean scanner!